The building where both the United States Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were debated and adopted. The building was completed in 1753 as the Pennsylvania State House, and served as the capitol of Pennsylvania until the state capital moved to Lancaster in 1799. It became the principal meeting place of the Second Continental Congress from 1775 to 1783 and was the site of the Constitutional Convention in the summer of 1787. Independence Hall touts a red brick facade, designed in Georgian style, and it is now the centerpiece of the Independence National Historical Park.
Scroll Down To See