Philadelphia Stars Negro League Memorial Park
Commonly referred to in the 1930s and 1940s as the 44th and Parkside ballpark, the site was the location of an athletic field and ballpark from 1903 to the early 1950s. It was built by the Pennsylvania Railroad YMCA and the Pennsylvania Railroad YMCA of Philadelphia football club. The "Railroaders," played their home games there from 1903 to 1905, and later The Philadelphia Stars Negro league baseball club played at the park from 1936 until 1952. Today on the site stands Philadelphia Stars Negro League Memorial Park. with three tributes to the Philadelphia Stars and Negro Leagues' baseball in Philadelphia: A Pennsylvania Historic Site marker, a Negro Leagues Memorial Statue, and a Philadelphia MuralArts program mural celebrating the Stars.
Scroll Down To See