Jefferson Street Grounds Site
Jefferson Street Grounds was a baseball field, which was also known as Jefferson Park and Athletics Park. It was home to the Philadelphia Athletics from 1871 to 1876, and other baseball teams while in use. The park held the first major league baseball game, and the last major league game played in the park was in 1890. Today, the site is currently occupied by various structures including a public school and recreation center. The field at the northwest corner of the lot approximates the location of the 1883-1890 diamond.
Scroll Down To See