Fairmount Water Works Museum
Situated on the east bank of the Schuylkill River between historic Boat House Row and the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Fairmount Water Works opened its doors in 1815 as the sole water pumping station for the City of Philadelphia and was decommissioned almost a century later, in 1909. Converted to a museum and environmental center,
The Fairmount Water Works is a National Historic Landmark, a Civil Engineering Landmark, and a National Mechanical Engineering Landmark as it was designed and constructed to provide safe, clean drinking water to a city on the cusp of remarkable growth.
Scroll Down To See